1. Potchy and I had an excellent Saturday afternoon and evening – shopping, campus walk, dinner, and conversation. We already planned our next get together that I’m excited about…it’s good to connect with friends again.
2. Saturday was lunch for a friend’s birthday, too bad Terri couldn't make it.
3. I finished two books, My Friend Leonard by James Frey, and The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold. My Friend Leonard is even better than A Million Little Pieces and The Almost Moon is a slow start, but turned out to be a good read.
4. Natdog made a surprise visit last night in Oxford! Colerain’s graduation was last night and her first group of students have made their way through high school. It was great to see her after such a long time. Her little man, Bryce looks cute and I can’t wait to me him, hopefully next month.
5. This weekend has been something to look forward to and getting me through these past couple of trying weeks. I finally get to see Rachel (first time since Christmas, it’s been way too long), check out her apartment in Kent (away from China town), visit Miranda (the fat cat who will spend the entire time under the bed), try out the Barberton library and outdoor amenities, relax at a bonfire, walk the local trails, and Sex and the City: the Movie is scheduled as a matinee on Sunday. I can’t wait. I really want to see the movie, but I don’t want it to be over! I forgot to mention Ray’s, a trip to Kent wouldn’t be complete without going to Ray’s. Hopefully this weekend will be a bit of a retreat away from all the disappointment here in Oxford. Everyone at work has been in a bad mood and in general, it’s been a struggle to get through the days.