Friday, November 13, 2009

Paid Gig

I had my first paid gig this week. It wasn't a big deal really and I don't know that it will bring any real promise for a job, but something is better than nothing.

It was with Alumni Football USA ... an organization that gives high school football players a chance to play again and it's a pretty big deal to a lot of people. I found it through a website in which I have no fondness whatsoever, Craigs List. Turns out, it's a good source for the local job search. So the job was just calling hundreds of people who signed up to play in this alumni football game and remind them about the first meeting. My attention to detail and love for planning logistics might get me a little more involved, so we'll see if I get another call from the business guy next week. Just wanted to give the update from Austin! Weather is great and Tally is enjoying being a Texas kitty! :-)

No comments: