Tuesday, December 12, 2006

1-1-1

That was our record during Beat Big Ten Week. This week will be reserved as Timeout Week. I’m going to take some time out to reconnect with a few friends, go shopping, decorate the Christmas tree, write Christmas cards, and catch up on e-mail. Will I know what to do with a weekend off? Maybe I'll even go to a Holiday Cocktail party. I’m trying to get in the Christmas spirit, but it’s taking me a long time this year. Perhaps it may be because I wasn’t able to celebrate Thanksgiving in a traditional manner. Side note - my goal is to not buy one more ornament this year, since I have enough ornaments for two complete trees. Good luck to those who have finals this week. It will be nice to see things quiet down for the next three weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was glad I got to be part of it! And I'm really glad you're finally resting a little!

Anonymous said...

I was glad I got to be part of it! And I'm really glad you're finally resting a little!

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you're finally resting, too.

i finally realized this past sunday, after playing in a holiday concert with the community band, that i apparently need to hear/play christmas music in a band setting before it really feels like christmas. guess it's a holdover from middle school and high school?