Tuesday, July 01, 2008

This is it

The last day of work before the big trip! It’s pretty exciting. We’ve been getting ready all weekend: cleaned out the car, waxed the car, bought a new tent, packed my suitcase, did lots of laundry, etc. I may or may not be able to post while I’m away, so wanted to do it before I left. I plan to take thousands of photos, a new 8GB compact flash card is on the way!

This trip is really important to me. It’s something I’ve wanted to do for years, ever since I made up my “To Do By 30” list, so it’s pretty amazing that it’s finally here and we leave tomorrow morning! My parents really did a great thing by traveling with Rachel and I across the country while we were growing up and I treasure those experiences and the opportunity to visit so much of our beautiful country. I’m so thankful that now I’m doing it on my own and realize how much goes into planning a trip of this nature. Here’s to safe travels!

3 comments:

mdog said...

:D

can't wait to see/hear about it!

Rachel said...

I hope you have tons of fun!

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys are having a GREAT time!!!