Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Taxes

Yesterday, I got Turbo Tax in the mail from my dad. I get home, grab my laptop and I’m stoked to load the program and get my taxes done and filed. Turbo Tax copies into my applications folder. I double click, nothing happens. I repeat this process several times before calling Rachel to see if she had problems loading it on her computer. Nope, she did it at the parents house and didn’t even put it on her own computer. Darn. Talk to Tdawg. He doesn’t know why I can’t open the program. Then I asked him to look and see what the operating system requirements are. Bingo. For MAC OS X 10.4.0 and above. Yep. I have MAC OS X 10.3.9. Of course. My computer is getting to be junk. I can’t even update my iPod on my iBook b/c my operating system is too old. Bummer.

Next step, I loaded the Turbo Tax program onto my work laptop and was in good shape. This morning, I mailed off my tax return and feel great that it’s finished. I’m even more excited about this extra tax break we are allegedly getting in May. This will really help with the plans for our cross country road trip!

No comments: