Thursday, February 25, 2010

Words of Affirmation...updated

I realize that I may not have given enough information the first time around with this post. Dr. Gary Chapman wrote a book called The 5 Love Languages. Basically the idea is that each of us experiences love in one of 5 ways. At least one of those ways is predominant over the other. It's helpful in marriages for each spouse to know the other's love language so that you can give love in the way that they best receive love. This week on the radio, the djs were talking about the book and had the author on-air, so that's what prompted me to take the quiz. You should check out the book...I'd like to read it. What is your love language?

I just took a short quiz to see what my love language is. I always thought that it would be physical touch, but I never read the book or anything. After taking the quiz, I see that words of affirmation is my predominant love language and I guess I'm not really that surprised. Physical touch came in at a close second and quality time was third. Maybe it will be helpful for me to be aware of my own love language. You can take the test too!

Words of Affirmation (this was taken from the profile on the website)
Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,” are important–hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten.

No comments: