Friday, February 05, 2010

Ya'll

I'm afraid to even admit this, but I think saying "ya'll" might be contagious. I've been traveling a lot to West Texas for work and been spending a lot of time with people who say "ya'll." I haven't said it yet, but I hear it so often that I'm afraid I might pick it up. I don't think that I will pick up a southern accent or anything, but maybe just the word "ya'll." It just sounds so simple, warm and inviting.

I've tried listening to more country music lately too, really since the summer, so I don't think moving to Texas has affected this. I learned that there are a lot of country songs that talk about a broken heart and getting through difficult times in your life and that's what really lead me to it. Some of the lyrics are really touching and I can really relate it to my own life experiences. There are a lot of good songs I've come across that are excellent to sing aloud to. I enjoy some of the more pop-country artists such as Lady Antebellum, Gloriana, Sugarland, Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts and Carrie Underwood, among others. I never thought I would enjoy country music, but it's not bad...you should try it. Now, I don't know much about the real twangy stuff with cheezy lyrics, but the pop-country is fun!

In other news, I just want to share that I'm back up in the real world and connected in Microsoft Outlook. Thank goodness!!! It's so nice to be able to use it again...I didn't realize how much I had missed it. =)

My mom just sent me a card that has an article about the new baby giraffe at the Toledo Zoo. He is soooo incredibly cute! His name is Enzi and mom (Elvira) and baby seem to be doing well. That reminds me, I should try to check out some of the zoos around here! OK, I'm off to finish packing for my third weekend trip to West Texas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Country music is good for soothing the aching soul. It is all about love and loss, and learning to enjoy living in the moment. I love it. - Erin

joybird said...

Thanks for commenting Erin. I like your description. I pay more attention to the lessons talked about in the lyrics.